Entries for the Staunch Book Prize open on 22nd February 2018 and close at midnight (BST) on 15th July 2018.
- The prize is for a thriller in which no woman gets beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered.
- For the purposes of this Prize, 'murder' does not include incidents where people in general or specific groups of people (but not a specific woman or women) are the targets or victims, e.g. war, terrorist attacks, hostage situations, sabotage.
- The competition is open to authors of any nationality who are over the age of 18 on the closing date.
- Submissions may be traditionally or provably first self-published (print or e-book) within 18 months of the closing date, or not yet published. They must be in English. Translations are welcome.
- Entries may be submitted by authors, agents or publishers, but must be in the required format via the Submissions form.
- The first 5000 words of each entry, double spaced, 12pt, plus a one page synopsis, single spaced 12pt, should be submitted AS ONE DOCUMENT
- The title of the novel should be at the top of the document, but no identifying name/s of author or submitter should appear on the document. Entries will be read blind.
- Completed novels will be requested by the end of August and must be at least 50,000 words. As we may request the additional material at any time, novels should be completed before entering
- Complete novels called for must also be submitted as pdf or doc documents with no name or other identification on the manuscript.
- By submitting work for the Prize you are agreeing that ALL criteria have been met and you have accepted the terms and condition.
- Any entry failing to meet the criteria will be disqualified.
There is an entry fee of £20 for each entry. Multiple submissions are welcome.Please note
dates may appear in the format MM/DD/YYYYWe are unable to enter into any correspondence about specific entries or criteria.